Last year, one of my goals was to read more books (I read 24!). This year, I’m sick of being out of the loop on all these TV shows, so I’ve made it my mission to watch more TV. Here’s how I’m faring so far:
1. Game of Thrones – I watched season 1, I really tried, but I honestly didn’t understand half of what is going on. Medieval type shows or movies aren’t for me. I kept having to look at the family tree because I forgot who was who. Luckily, this show is so ingrained in pop culture that I know all the upcoming spoilers. No need to continue
2. House of Cards – I actually did get into this one. I was surprised that I fared well with all the political speak. Though, I think it got a little dull after Zoe and Peter left. Where is the romance?! I decided to stop watching after season 2.
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – Overall I liked this show. It was a quick watch that I finished in about a week. There were some laugh out loud moments, like when Titus sang at a funeral. But, there were some weird moments, like when Kimmy got her first kiss and the whole court trial. I think I would give this one another season! It’s nice to watch something a little uplifting sometimes.
4. Downton Abbey – I was dreading this one, I hate period dramas. Luckily, the first season was only 7 episodes. I found myself intrigued by the Mary/Matthew love story, but overall I thought it moved a bit slow for me. Especially since it’s in a different time period, so not much happens relationship-wise between anyone. Also, some of the conflicts were a bit boring to me, like the kitchen servants fighting over stuff.
Overall, I think I’m faring pretty well getting through my list. TV shows are just so long, so I find it hard to be caught up on everything. Plus, I get bored by sitting in front on the TV for too long, so I can’t binge watch. Here’s some other shows on my radar:
- Masters of Sex – I started season 1 awhile ago and never finished it
- Broad City – I heard this one is hilarious
- The Blacklist – Heard good things
- Community – Love a good 1/2 hour comedy
- Parks and Recreation – I loved The Office, so maybe this one would be good too?
Now I just need to figure out where I can stream all these!